CVM is very excited to welcome back visitors starting July 14, 2020. Repeat visitors may find things have changed from their last visit. We have moved a few things around, closed a couple of sections and have some new guidelines in place to ensure your safety.
You can expect:
- a limited number of visitors at one time(6)
- timed admission to allow for capacity control and no-conduct payment
- encouraged physical distancing with signage, spacing “dots” and directional arrows
- no gallery seating
- plexiglass shields at our front counter
- no interactive or hands-on exhibits
- hand sanitizer
- increased cleaning protocols throughout our facility
What NCVM asks of Visitors:
- Stay home if you are unwell
- Book your tour ahead of time as we may be unable to accommodate walk-ins:
email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 403-948-6685 to book a time slot
- Entry is by donation at this time
- Wear a mask if you choose. Masks are not mandatory in the museum unless mandated by Alberta Health, the province or the municipality.
- Practise good hygiene including using hand santizer, avoid touching your face and cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Keep your group together whilst touring and children within reach.
- Follow the one way marking to explore the galleries.
- Bring your own strollers or wheelchairs are we are not able to provide them at this time.
- Use the physical distancing markers if there are other groups present during your visit.
- Allow our counter staff to fill our the guest register for you.
- Give us feedback on your experience: this is new to us, too!
Changes to Note:
- Public washrooms are closed at this time.
- The Walter Bushfield Annex, hands-on displays and the Visitor Information Centre are closed at this time.
- Gallery spaces have no seating available.
- Educational programs, school trips and group visits are not available at this time.
- Facility rentals and event bookings are not available at this time.
We are closely monitoring our operational situation and will adjust procedures and precautions as needed. The Safety of all visitors, volunteers and staff is our top priority.
Hours of Operation may change at any time: please phone or email prior to visiting NCVM